Wednesday Oct. 11
- Working alone or in groups answer the questions below.
- Turn in one paper per group with the names of everyone in the group.
- Turn in papers to the basket on my desk.
- You can use google to find the answers.
- This is 10 points and will go on term 1
The Photographic Age 1935-1959
1. How were the first newspaper photos delivered around the world?
2. How did Lloyd Becker catch the tragedy of the Hindenburg on film.
3. Describe a Speed Graphic camera and how it is used:
4. Why was the new magazine, Life, successful?
5. How did the Farm Security Administration use photographs to their advantage?
6. What was the famous photographer, Gordon Parks known for ?
7. Describe the type of photos that Ansel Adams is well known for:
8. Why were only 11 photos salvaged from D-Day?
9. Why were photos of the Holocaust so important?
10. How did photos taken in the south help change Human rights?
Tuesday Sept. 26th
First 25 minutes of class:
Go to the Canon outside of auto website (link) and practice with exposure. Click on the challenge button in the top right corner and take the challenge until you pass all 6.
The rest of class:
Practice your photoshop skills by creating a digital collage.
Use parts on at least 4 images.
Use all the skills you have learned in photoshop so far, selection tool, healing brush, clone stamp, masking, changing the color of selected items, adjustment brushes.
Command t- to resize an image or rotate a selection
Command j- to copy a selection or a layer
V- move tool
[ ], bracket keys- adjust brush size
Below are some examples.... don't use these pictures, these are just just to get your mind going. You can use your own images and anything from the internet.
When you are done save it to your desktop, you will turn in in next time. (once you are done if you have your leading lines finished you can make your contact sheet)